Friday, 22 June 2012

Very Inspiring Blogger Award

The very lovely Lesley Richardson at Standing Naked At A Bus Stop (great blog name!) has nominated my blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you very much!
I do feel like a fraud for accepting the award because I haven't been blogging as much lately. I really want to blog about the last few months and how I got a 'Revise/Resubmit' from a Literary Agency, which I did and then it was a no. Close, very close! But I don't know if I should expand it from that one sentence. And I want to talk about my recent reads. My blogging mojo (and writing mojo) seems to have flatlined. But this award is just the like perk I need. So I will be back, full of news, reviews and boring you with wedding planning.

These are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Display the award logo somewhere on your blog.
2. Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you. (Me!)
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
5. Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.

Right, things you don't know about me...

1. I really want to write a cook book along the lines of Toast but about being a picky/fussy eater.
2. When I was younger I never named my teddy bears or dolls.
3. I have been writing/redrafting/submitting my novel for nearly four years. I am getting to the point where I want to put it in a box, stick it in the loft and finally move on.
4. I have never been on a plane but it is changing this summer. Our honeymoon is a tour of East Coast America and Canada.
5. I don't like being called 'Jessie.'
6. I nearly did a textiles degree...
7. I'm not a dog fan but I wouldn't mind a corgis.

Here are my nominations. Each blogger / Tweeter is inspirational. Either they have book deals and they are giving insights to that process, they having fascinating writing lives, they provide insightful links and finally because they are inspirational!

Sorry if any of you have already have the award but you are that fabulous!

Kerry Hudson - Her book comes out in less than two weeks! You can read my review here.
Jessie Carty - The busiest writer I know! Jessie also runs Referential Magazine.
James Hughes - Great Tweeter with great links! He also has a website and blog here.
Tricia Sullivan - Great blog and great juggler of life! Her backlist is coming out as ebooks soon!
Teresa Stenson - Great blog!
Kirsty Logan - Her website is very handsome and her column for IdeasTap is great!
Mike French - His second book launches later his year. Mike also runs The View From Here Magazine.
Ray Morgan - Fab poet, great photographer, fab person!
Keris Stainson - The things are children say always make me laugh. Keris's third book launched recently.
Alex Thornber - Great blogger and writer!
Caroline Smailes - Caroline is inspirational - she has done ALOT without an agent, showing us it can be done. Caroline is great.
Claire King - Informative blog and also Fiction Editor for The View From Here Magazine. Her book launches next year.
Nik Perring - Great blog!
Sarah Hilary - She is one busy writer!
Valerie O'Riordan - Great blogger and she has recently published her first chapbook!

I am not going to apologise for all of the exclamation marks!

2 comments:

Claire King said...

Thank you Jessica! I hope you enjoy your honeymoon plane experience, I bet you will!
Since I’ve already posted two lists of (interesting?!) things about me on my blog, I’m not going to do another seven there. But just for you here is an as yet undisclosed one:
There have been three 'Yes's in my life that have fundamentally changed things in positive ways.
1) Susan Stobbs, who was the admissions tutor who accepted my university application
2) Charlie King, who said yes to me, and who I married. He's my best friend and he's amazing. (Congratulations on finding your Mr Right!)
3) My agent Annette Green, who found my novel in a slush pile and said 'yes' ... (Don't give up!)
I linked to you and some other great blogs here: http://www.claire-king.com/2012/06/25/very-inspiring-blogging/
Claire xx

James Hughes said...

I am extremely honoured by this nomination. Especially coming from a blog which I read often, and admire greatly.